Sonward needs volunteer MENTORS to help with the afterschool and summer programs.
You may apply using the form at the bottom of this page.
Sonward volunteer mentors will join the quality Sonward team in order to directly work with the children who attend afterschool and summer programs. Volunteer mentors must be at least 16 years old (if you are under the age of 16, you can apply to be an assistant mentor). Mentors will report to the teacher and Sonward Director. They will be scheduled by the Sonward Administrator.
- Aid in set up and clean up of program activities.
- Aid children in accomplishing the goals of the day as outlined by the teacher.
- Assist with small group activities.
- Coach children in cleaning up after themselves (activities and snacks).
- Monitor a group of 4 – 6 children (one table) for the program day, moving with them from activity to activity.
- Attend volunteer meetings (3 times a year).
- Attend trainings as assigned by the Sonward Administrator.
- Enforce Sonward rules and behavior system, holding children accountable for behavior.
- Communicate with Sonward Teacher and Director regarding any trouble that happens with children.
- File incident reports with Sonward Administrator whenever a child gets hurt or the need to call a parent arises.
- Follow the PA laws and Sonward procedure for mandated reporting.
- Obtain Child Abuse clearances according to the PA state law.